I have been contemplating my running/fitness goals for 2014. I considered my first half marathon I will be running in February and how I want to finish my weight loss journey (I have about 20-25 lbs. to go). I also thought about my interest in triathlons. So after thinking how I could link these I decided to make 2014 a year of firsts. Every month I will do at least one thing for the first time (or reach some type of new goal). Examples are my first half, getting down to my goal weight, new types of races, etc. They don’t have to be fitness related, but most of them will. I have laid out a very tentative plan for each month. Some months don’t have anything I can definetly count on like a race date, so I will fill those in as I go.
- First Half Marathon
- Badger Mountain 15K Challenge (first trail run AND first 15K)
- Rage in the Sage Duathlon (first duathlon)
- By now I should be at my goal weight and maybe have my first 6-pack!
- TBD (Note: I want to organize a charity race to raise money for Compassion International. This may be the month I would host it.)
- TBD (Note: this is the month I do a 4th of July run, so I might make this a PR type of goal. Maybe first 8:xx pace 5K?)
- First Triathlon (Titanium Man Jr. Tri)
At some point I want to do a mud run, but I will have to consider location and all that before deciding on one.
Hopefully all of you have enjoyed 2013 and are looking foreward to 2014 as I am! Happy new year!